Friday, September 11, 2009

Dreaden Steele

First off, thanks to all six of you who visit my blog. I hope that my insight and photos are rewarding to you. Now to the post.

You may wonder what Dreaden Steele is. If I were to regularly shoot photos in the city I would use that as my "pen name" or in this case photog name. There is just something about the city that evokes different kinds of emotions. Steal, brick, concrete, water, sky and grass. Then there are all the people and activities. Why Dreaden Steele? It just feels like it encompases the above.

I hope that the photos below not only show you the different materials that makes up the city, but also the different moods of the city. Enjoy.
Note: to see high-res, you must click on the picture and forgive my bad PS work.

Love the contrast of the buildings on the "bean" more to come
A scene out of Dark Night? A sinister view of Harbor Point and Wacker Dr area.

Apocalyptic image? Antiqued version of the Sears Tower.
Color contrast on the cloud (bean).
These next few are just fun, unaltered pictures using the bean as a canvas.



Modern and old school, did you know these were next to each other?
Soft white foreground - colors and shapes in the background
Then some of my girls in the city.

Love this one!